Eat | Food | Thermomix
Here’s this week’s meal plan. The soup is an easy meal to make for lunches and I made the red curry paste from the Thermomix Everyday Cookbook a while ago, so I wanted to use some of that up this week.
Boiled Egg with the Tomato on an English Muffin
Broccoli & Potato Soup (w Toast)
Steamed Fish (w Mushrooms & Peas)
Fast Chicken Curry (w Cauliflower Rice)
Fast Chicken Curry (w Cauliflower Rice)
Steak (w Cauliflower & Sugar Snap Peas)
Fettuccini (w Prawns, Snow Peas & Broccoli)
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast, I’m going to use the Thermomix to hard boil eggs. I’ll slice the egg and put it on an English muffin with a tomato, sliced thinly. I like eggs for breakfast as they’re quite filling. If you don’t like boiled eggs, try scrambled eggs in the microwave – just crack an egg in a mug with a tablespoon of milk; scramble and cook in the microwave for 1 minute (in a 1100W microwave) – stopping halfway through and giving the eggs a bit of a whisk.
For Monday and Tuesday’s lunch, I’ve got a Broccoli and Potato soup with a slice of wholewheat toast. I had some broccoli leftover from last week, so this was a good way to use it up. The recipe for the soup is here.
I’ve got steamed fish for Monday’s dinner – with the fish steamed in the Thermomix (use instructions from this recipe). The vegetables are fried in a pan with a clove of minced garlic.
Tuesday’s dinner is a modified version of the Fast Chicken Curry recipe in the Thermomix Everyday Cookbook. The leftovers will be lunch for Wednesday and Thursday. I’ll serve this with Cauliflower Rice, which is a great invention using the Thermomix to beat up the cauliflower into rice-like kernels. You can find the recipe on the Super Kitchen Machine website.
Wednesday’s dinner is steak cooked on a grill pan. The vegetables are fried in the same pan while the meat is resting. I’ve also got fried onions that I thinly slice and fry in a pan on medium heat until soft and browned.
I’m on my own for dinner on Thursday, so I’m going to do a quick pasta dish with prawns and vegetables. I have some leftover fresh fettuccini in my freezer that I will use. If you need to buy a packet of pasta and don’t use it all, separate the leftovers into 100-110g portions and store in re-sealable plastic bags in the freezer. If you’re cooking for more than one person, just multiply the ingredients by the number of people. Draft recipes for the curry and pasta are below.
Easy Chicken Curry
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, peeled and quartered
20g vegetable oil
100g Thermomix red curry paste (from the Everyday Cookbook)
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
270mL can coconut milk
400g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
500g chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
1 cup frozen peas
8 mushrooms, cut in half
1. Chop onion and garlic in the Thermomix and chop for 5 seconds/Speed 7
3. Add oil, curry paste, curry powder and cumin and sauté with the measuring cup (MC) off for 5 minutes/100C/Speed 1
4. Add coconut milk and sweet potato and cook with MC half on for 5 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
5. Put remaining vegetables in the bottom of the Varoma and put the lid on
5. Add chicken, close lid and put the Varoma on top. Cook for 12 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
6. Remove Varoma and add vegetables into the curry. Put the lid and MC on and mix for 20 seconds/Reverse/Speed soft
Fettuccini with Prawns, Snow Peas & Broccoli
1 clove garlic, minced
Light olive oil for frying
150g raw prawn cutlets
handful snow peas, cut into 1.5cm pieces
1 cup broccoli florets
100-110g fresh fettuccini
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Grated parmesan cheese and chilli flakes (to serve)
1. Cook fettuccini using packet instructions
2. In a frying pan, heat olive oil on medium-heat, add garlic and heat for 1 minute
3. Add prawns and cook until they just turn pink
4. Add the vegetables into the frying pan and heat until just cooked through but still crisp, stir occasionally
5. Add fettuccini to the pan and toss to mix ingredient together
6. Turn off heat, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over pasta and mix together
7. To serve, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and chilli flakes over the pasta once plated