Eat | Food | Thermomix
My parents used to own a sandwich store in a busy downtown office building. We used to hang out there over the school holidays and I remember a delicious cream of broccoli soup. Here is my attempt at a healthier version with potato and milk instead of cream…
Makes approx. 1.5L
1 large onion
1 clove garlic
20g olive oil
400g broccoli, cut into florets with stems peels and cut into 3cm pieces
300g potato, peeled, diced into 3cm cubes
2tbsp Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
100g milk (I used reduced-fat milk)
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cut onion and garlic for 5 seconds/Speed 5
2. Add oil sauté with measuring cup (MC) off for 3 minutes/100C/Speed 1
3. Add broccoli and sauté with MC off for 6 minutes/100C/Speed 1
4. Add potato, stock, water, milk, salt, pepper and cook for 20 minutes/100C/Speed 1
5. Blend for 1 minute slowly going from Speed 1 to 8
this one sounds great for the upcoming winter months!
Make this one it’s delicious! I didn’t have any stock concentrate in my fridge so used herbamare, (herb salt) plus I used fresh cream instead of milk. Also, I used sweet potato in place of normal potato.
Glad you liked it… How was the colour using sweet potato? Never thought to do that with this recipe – great idea!