Eat | Food | Thermomix
And we’re back… slightly delayed as we’ve discovered that one computer isn’t quite enough in our household!
This week, I’ve got a new pasta dish and a new chicken dish to go along with the staples of porridge, stir-fry and crispy skin salmon. The modified beef rendang recipe from a few weeks ago is now also posted.
Porridge w Wheat Germ & Frozen Berries
Chicken Meatballs w Risoni, Tomato Sauce & Frozen Peas
Beef Stir-Fry w Broccoli, Sugar Snap Peas & Baby Corn
Chicken Drumsticks w Eggplant, Spinach & Lentil Salad
Chicken Drumsticks w Eggplant & Lentil Salad
Crispy Skin Salmon w Broccoli & Peas
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
Breakfast is porridge with wheat germ and mixed berries – 1/4 cup oats, 2 tbsp wheat germ, a pinch of salt, 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup reduced fat milk in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and put back in the microwave for another 30 – 60 seconds (watching that is doesn’t boil over). 60g frozen berries are defrosted overnight in the fridge and reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds and poured over the oatmeal.
Lunch for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is chicken meatballs with risoni and tomato sauce. The recipe can be found here. I’ll also put 1/2 cup of frozen peas into each lunch container for more vegetable content.
Monday and Tuesday’s dinner is a beef stir-fry. I’m going to use broccoli, sugar snap peas and baby corn for the vegetables. The simple stir-fry recipe can be found here.
Wednesday’s dinner and Thursday’s lunch is a new recipe involving steamed chicken drumsticks in the Varoma while cooking lentils for a warm salad with eggplant and spinach. The draft recipe is below.
Thursday’s dinner is crispy skin salmon with steamed broccoli and peas. I’ll follow the directions for cooking the salmon in theirs recipe and will cook the vegetables in the Varoma bowl while the salmon is cooking.
Chicken Drumsticks with Eggplant, Spinach & Lentil Salad
1 small red onion, peeled and quartered
3 cloves garlic, peeled
40g light olive oil
300g eggplant, diced into 0.5cm cubes
1/4 tsp ground cumin
200g puy lentils, rinsed
1 1/2 tbsp Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
4 handfuls baby spinach
2tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
20g red wine vinegar
20g extra virgin olive oil
8 chicken drumsticks
Salt and pepper to season
1. Put onion into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 4 seconds/Speed 5
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add cumin and 20g of oil and cook with the measuring cup (MC) off for 2 minutes/100C/Speed 1
3. Add eggplant and cook with the MC off for 5 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
4. Remove to a Thermoserver to keep warm
5. Put garlic into the Thermomix and chop for 3 seconds/Speed 3
6. Scrape down sides, add remaining oil and cook with MC off for 1 minute/Speed 1
7. Arrange chicken in the Varoma bowl and tray, season with salt and pepper and assemble
8. Add lentils, stock and water into the Thermomix bowl, put the Varoma on top and cook with MC half off for 20 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
9. Remove Varoma, add eggplant mixture, baby spinach, parsley, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil into the Thermomix bowl and mix together for 30 seconds/Reverse/Speed soft