Eat | Food | Thermomix
A couple of new recipes this week – and one that I’ve found! The sausages with cauliflower and white bean purée recipe is back – I found it hiding in our tax returns. I’ve also got an omelet for breakdfast and a yummy pulled pork wrap for lunch.
Omelet with Mushrooms & Spinach
Pulled Pork w Mountain Bread & Beetroot Salad
Chicken Stir-Fry w Asian Greens, Snow Peas & Baby Corn
Sausages w Cauliflower & White Bean Purée & Peas
Sausages w Cauliflower & White Bean Puree & Peas
Crispy Skin Salmon w Broccoli & Carrots
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast, I’m going to cook an omelet with mushrooms and spinach. I’ll cook it the night before and will heat it up in the microwave at work the next day. The recipe is here.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday’s lunch is pulled pork made in the Thermomix. I’m going to wrap it up in mountain bread and serve it with the beetroot salad from the Thermomix Everyday Cookbook. The recipe can be found here.
Monday and Tuesday’s dinner is a chicken stir-fry with Asian greens, snow peas and baby corn. The simple stir-fry recipe is here.
Wednesday’s dinner and Thursday’s lunch is sausages with a cauliflower and white bean purée and peas – all made in the Thermomix. The new draft recipe is below.
Sausages with Cauliflower & White Bean Purée and Peas
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets (~500g)
400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
800g thick sausages
1 large onion
20g olive oil
1 tbsp Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
50g reduced fat milk
Salt & pepper, to season
2 cups frozen peas, rinsed with boiling water
1. Put cauliflower and beans in to the Varoma bowl and put sausages in the tray
2. Add 500g of water into the Thermomix bowl, close the lid, assemble the Varoma and place on top of the Thermomix
3. Cook for 20 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
4. Remove the Varoma and empty the water from the Thermomix bowl
5. Put onion into the bowl and chop for 4 seconds/Speed 5
6. Add oil into the Thermomix bowl and sauté with the measuring cup (MC) off for 2 minutes/100C/Speed 1
7. Add cauliflower, beans, stock, water, milk, salt and pepper into the bowl and close the lid
8. Put peas into the Varoma bowl and tray with sausages back in the Varoma, assemble and put on the Thermomix
9. Cook for 5-10 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1 until the sausages are cooked through
10. Remove Varoma, put the MC on and purée for 30 seconds – going slowly from Speed 1 to Speed 9