Eat | Food | Thermomix
It was a long weekend here in Sydney, a shortened week for planning but lots of cooking and new recipes. I have posted two recipes from last week plus one more for this week.
Irish Brown Bread w Vegemite
Beef Rendang w Peas & Carrots
Steamed Fish Fillets w Asian Greens & Broccoli
Chicken Burgers w Salad
Steak w Snow Peas & Asparagus
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
Breakfast is Irish brown bread made in the Thermomix. This is a new recipe, which you can find here. I’m going to have this toasted and served with butter that I made in the Thermomix (using the instructions from the Everyday Cookbook) and also some very Australian Vegemite!
Tuesday and Wednesday’s lunch is beef rendang with peas and carrots (recipe here). I’ll also have this with steamed basmati rice made on the stove.
Tuesday night’s dinner is a new recipe. It’s an Asian-style steamed fish served with Asian greens and broccoli. The draft recipe is below.
Wednesday’s dinner and Thursday’s lunch is another new recipe. I’m going to make chicken burgers and serve that with a salad. The draft burger recipe is below.
Thursday’s dinner is pan-fried steak on the grill pan; with the snow peas and asparagus cooked on the same pan while the meat rests. I will also sauté some thinly sliced onions in a separate pan.
Asian-Style Steamed Fish with Asian Greens
2 x 200g white fish fillets
3.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and julienned
1 bunch Asian greens, cut into 3-3.5cm pieces
4 cups broccoli florets
20g vegetable oil
20g soy sauce
2 spring onion, cut into 3.5cm pieces and thinly sliced lengthwise
1. Take a piece of wax paper or baking paper about 13cm x 24cm and scrunch it up
2. Put the paper on the top tray and put the fish on top and spread ginger on top of each piece
3. Pull the sides of the paper up to catch any juices when steaming
4. Put vegetables in the bottom of the Varoma and assemble
5. Put water in the Thermomix bowl, close lid and put Varoma on top
6. Steam for 10 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
7. Check fish and vegetables – steam for another 1 to 2 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish
8. Remove the Varoma and empty the water from the bowl
9. Put oil and soy sauce into the bowl and heat with the measuring cup (MC) on for 1 minute/100C/Speed 1
10. In the meantime, remove the fish to a plate (either individual plates or one serving plate), put spring onions on top of the fish and pour fish juices on top
11. Once the Thermomix stops, immediately pour sauce on top of the fish to cook the spring onions
12. Serve with Asian greens and broccoli
6 mushrooms, halved
½ red onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled
600g chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
1 tsp dried parsley
Salt and pepper to season
Light olive oil for frying
1. Chop onion and garlic in the Thermomix for 3 seconds/Speed 5
2. Chop mushrooms in the Thermomix for 8 seconds/Speed 3
3. Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl, add chicken breast, parsley, salt and pepper to the bowl and mince by closing the lid, with the measuring cup (MC) on, and holding Turbo for 1 second; repeat 3 times
4. Divide the mixture into 6 and form into about 2cm high burger patties
5. Put burgers in the Varoma bowl and tray
6. Put water into the Thermomix bowl, close the lid, assemble the Varoma on top and cook for 20 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2
7. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add burgers and fry until browned on each side