Eat | Food | Thermomix
It’s a light cooking week as we weren’t at home for most of the weekend and we are out for dinner a couple of times this week. We are entering what is affectionately known as the silly season in Australia – which is basically all of the festivities of the holiday season plus summer rolled into one. So, the next couple of months will involve lots of eating and drinking, but will be a bit short on actual cooking…
Yogurt & Muesli
Steamed Asian Fish w Asian Greens
w Mushroom Rice, Peas & Broccoli
Steak w Sautéed Onions, Snow Peas & Asparagus
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
This week’s breakfast is natural yoghurt topped with a couple of tablespoons of muesli.
Monday’s lunch is Sunday dinner’s takeaway leftovers.
Dinner on Monday is the Asian steamed fish recipe – which can be found here. Instead of broccoli, I’ll just use a whole bunch of Asian greens.
Lunch for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is the new recipe for the week – a steamed chicken with mushroom rice, peas and broccoli. Everything is cooked together in the Thermomix but as I’m making this for lunch, I’ll just add the vegetables to the lunch containers to cook when reheating the chicken and rice. The draft recipe is below.
Thursday’s dinner will be a steak fried in a grill pan with asparagus and snow peas cooked in the same pan while the steak is resting. I’ll also sauté some thinly sliced onions.
Steamed Chicken with Mushroom Rice, Peas and Broccoli
1 onion, peeled, quartered
9 button mushrooms, halved
130g basmati rice, rinsed
60g Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
600g chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
Salt and pepper to season
3 cups frozen peas
3 cups broccoli florets
1. Put onion in the Thermomix bowl and chop with the measuring cup (MC) off for 3 seconds/Speed 5
2. Put mushrooms into the bowl and chop with the MC on for 8 seconds/Speed 3
3. Put the rice in the Thermomix basket and add onion and mushrooms; stir to combine
4. Put 900g water and stock into the Thermomix bowl, insert basket and close lid
5. Put chicken in the Varoma bowl (make sure to leave some holes uncovered), season with salt and pepper and put vegetables in the Varoma tray
6. Assemble the Varoma, put it on top of the Thermomix and cook for 12 minutes/Varoma/Speed 4