Eat | Food | Thermomix
This will be my last week of meal planning for 2013. As we get closer to Christmas, the social calendar has gotten busier – so there is less time for cooking! I am out for lunch on Thursday and will be doing some last minute Christmas shopping on Thursday night. Last week’s prawn recipe hasn’t made it this week as I over cooked them, so I’ll have to revisit it in the new year. Finally, I’d like to wish all of my followers and readers a happy holiday and I’m looking forward to sharing lots of cooking and experimenting in 2014!
Omelet w Mushrooms & Spinach
Steamed Chicken w Mushroom Rice, Peas & Broccoli
Crispy Skin Salmon w Cabbage & Onion
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
This week’s breakfast is an omelet with mushrooms & spinach. The recipe can be found here.
Lunch for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday will be a new recipe that cooks everything in the Thermomix and Varoma at the same time. I’ll put the peas and broccoli into the lunch containers so they can cook when I reheat the chicken and rice in the microwave at work.
Monday and Tuesday’s dinner is going to another new recipe – an Irish stew. The draft recipe can be found below.
Wednesday’s dinner will be the crispy skin salmon with cabbage and onion. As I’m using Savoy cabbage for the Irish stew, I’ll use the rest of it in this dish. The recipe can be found here.
1/2 bunch parsley, leaves only (for garnish)
2 onions, peeled and quartered
20g olive oil
800g lamb neck or stewing lamb, cut into 5cm pieces
Salt and pepper to season
1 leek, white part only; cut into 1.5 cm slices
250mL beef stock
1 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
3 carrots, cut into 3cm pieces
500g sweet potato, cut into 4cm pieces
200g savoy cabbage, shredded into 0.5cm slices
1. Put parsley into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 5 seconds/Speed 5; remove to a small bowl
2. Put the onion into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 5 seconds/Speed 6
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and sauté for 2 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
4. Put lamb, salt and pepper into the Thermomix bowl and cook for 5 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
5. Add stock, thyme and bay leaf and cook for 40 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
6. Add carrots and sweet potato and cook for 20 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
7. Add savoy cabbage and cook for 10 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
8. Serve and garnish with chopped parsley