Eat | Food | Thermomix
I managed to catch my other half’s cold so this week’s menu is focused on quick and easy cooking. I have posted last week’s pizza dough recipe and I’ve also posted a recipe for flourless date muffins. I’m taking a break for the next 3 weeks, so my next posts will go up in the second week of May.
|Monday||Flourless Date Muffins||Mexican-Style Chicken Stew||Crispy Skin Salmon w Broccoli & Snow Peas|
|Wednesday||Cottage Pie||Chicken & Vegetables w Miso Pesto|
|Thursday||Chicken & Vegetables w Miso Pesto||—–|
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast this week, I’ve got flourless date muffins. The recipe can be found here.
Lunch on Monday and Tuesday is the Mexican-style chicken stew. The recipe can be found here.
Monday’s dinner will be a crispy skin salmon. I’ll serve it with steamed snow peas and broccoli. The salmon is cooked in the Varoma and finished off in a frying pan based on this recipe.
Tuesday’s dinner and Wednesday’s lunch will a new recipe for cottage pie. The draft recipe can be found below.
Wednesday and Thursday’s lunch will be the chicken and vegetables with miso pesto. The recipe is here.
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled
20g olive oil
500g lean minced beef
Salt and pepper, to season
20g Worcestershire sauce
20g tomato paste
250g beef stock
2 carrots, peeled and dice into 1cm pieces
200g white potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
600g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
2 cups frozen peas, rinsed under warm water
80g reduced fat milk
150g reduced fat tasty or cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Add onion and garlic to the Thermomix bowl and chop with the measuring cup (MC) on for 3 seconds/Speed 5
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add oil and sauté with the MC off for 3 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
4. Add beef, season with salt and pepper and brown with the MC off for 5 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1
5. Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, beef stock, carrots and 100g of the white potato into the Thermomix bowl and close the lid
6. Add remaining potato and sweet potato into the Varoma bowl, assemble the Varoma and place on top of the Thermomix
7. Cook for 20 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
8. Remove the Varoma, add peas into the sauce and stir with the spatula to combine
9. Pour meat sauce into a square roasting dish and rinse out the Thermomix bowl
10. Put the potatoes into the bowl, add milk and cook with the MC off for 9 minutes/100C/Speed 1
11. Add salt and pepper, add butterfly and mash for 20 seconds/Speed 3
12. Layer mashed potatoes on top of the beef filling, use a fork to rough up the top of the potatoes and sprinkle with grated cheese
13. Bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 20-30 minutes or until the top is browned