Eat | Food | Thermomix
Despite the warm weather we’ve been having lately, winter is well on its way so this week’s meal plan is full of comfort food favourites. Last week’s potato bake recipe has been posted and this week, I’m redoing the cottage pie recipe that I was testing the other week.
|Monday||Flourless Date Muffins||Cauliflower & Cannellini Bean Soup||Cottage Pie (w Mixed Leaf Salad)|
|Wednesday||Chicken Drumsticks(w Eggplant & Lentils)||—–|
|Thursday||Crispy Skin Salmon(w Snow Peas & Brussel Sprouts)|
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast this week, I’m going to have flourless date muffins. I heat one up in the microwave for 20 seconds and it’s a nice little fluffy piece of goodness to start to the day. The recipe can be found here.
Lunch on Monday and Tuesday will be the cauliflower and cannellini bean soup. The recipe can be found here.
Monday and Tuesday’s dinner will be a cottage pie served with a mixed leaf salad. The draft recipe for the cottage piece can be found below.
Wednesday and Thursday’s lunch is one our Thermomix favourites – the chicken drumsticks with eggplant and lentils. The recipe is here.
For Thursday’s dinner, I’m going with the crispy skin salmon cooked in the Varoma and then pan fried to crisp up the skin. I’ll serve this with steamed snow peas and I’ll also halve and pan fry some Brussel sprouts. Use this recipe for instructions on cooking the salmon.
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled
20g olive oil
500g lean minced beef
Salt and pepper, to season
20g Worcestershire sauce
20g tomato paste
250g beef stock
2 carrots, peeled and dice into 1cm pieces
200g white potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
600g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
2 cups frozen peas, rinsed under warm water
80g reduced fat milk
30g seeded mustard
150g reduced fat tasty or cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Add onion, garlic and 100g of white potato into the Thermomix bowl and chop with the measuring cup (MC) on for 4 seconds/Speed 5
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add oil and sauté with the MC off for 3 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
4. Add beef, season with salt and pepper and brown with the MC off for 5 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed 1
5. Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, beef stock and carrots into the Thermomix bowl and close the lid
6. Add remaining white potato and sweet potato into the Varoma bowl, assemble the Varoma and place on top of the Thermomix
7. Cook for 20 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
8. Remove the Varoma, add peas into the sauce and stir with the spatula to combine
9. Pour meat sauce into a square roasting dish and rinse out the Thermomix bowl
10. Put the potatoes into the bowl, add milk and cook with the MC off for 9 minutes/100C/Speed 1
11. Add salt, pepper, seeded mustard, add butterfly and mash for 20 seconds/Speed 3
12. Layer mashed potatoes on top of the beef filling, use a fork to rough up the top of the potatoes and sprinkle with the grated cheese
13. Bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 20-30 minutes or until the top is browned