Eat | Food | Thermomix
This week’s menu includes the most popular recipe on the site with over 1,900 views(!) – pulled pork. I’ve posted last week’s cottage pie recipe and I’ve also drafted a recipe for chilli con carne; which I’ll try later on in the week. Quick and easy is the name of the game for the rest of the week – with crispy skin salmon and a chicken stir-fry.
|Monday||Egg Omelet w Tomato on a Whole wheat English Muffin||Pulled Pork w Garden Salad||Crispy Skin Salmon w Peas & Broccoli|
|Tuesday||Chicken Stir-Fry w Asian Greens, Snow Peas & Baby Corn|
|Wednesday||Chicken Stir-Fry w Asian Greens, Snow Peas & Baby Corn||Chilli Con Carne w Cauliflower Rice|
|Thursday||Chilli Con Carne w Cauliflower Rice||—–|
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast this week, I’m going to make an omelet with one egg and some milk and put that on an English muffin with sliced tomato.
Lunch on Monday and Tuesday will be the pulled pork and I’ll serve this with a salad of cos lettuce, corn and cherry tomatoes. The pulled pork recipe can be found here.
Monday’s dinner will be with the crispy skin salmon cooked in the Varoma and then panfried to crisp up the skin. I’ll serve this with steamed peas and broccoli. Use this recipe for instructions on cooking the salmon
Tuesday’s dinner and Wednesday’s lunch will be a chicken stir-fry with Asian greens, snow peas and baby corn cuts. The simple stir-fry recipe can be found here.
Wednesday dinner and Thursday’s lunch will be a new recipe – I’m going to try my first chilli con carne. I’ll serve it with cauliflower rice using this recipe from the Super Kitchen Machine website. The draft recipe for the chilli can be found below.
Chilli Con Carne
500g chuck steak cut into 2cm pieces
1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried oregano
20g olive oil
2 tbsp Thermomix vegetable stock concentrate
400g can diced tomatoes
50g tomato paste
400g can kidney beans
1. Put steak into the Thermomix and chop with the MC on for 1 second/Turbo; repeat 2 more times
2. Remove to a mixing bowl; clean and dry the Thermomix bowl
3. Put onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 4 seconds/Speed 6
4. Add carrot and chop for 3 seconds/Speed 6
5. Add cayenne pepper, sweet paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano and oil and cook with the MC off for 5 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
6. Add meat and cook with the MC off for 10 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
7. Mix contents in the Thermomix bowl and then add stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and kidney beans
8. Cook for 10 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft with the basket sitting on top of the Thermomix lid