Eat | Food | Thermomix
It was a long weekend for us in Sydney, so a bit late with my posts this week. I’ve put up the chilli recipe from last week and I’m going to try a new curry recipe during the week. The mains for the week cover the spectrum of protein with pork, chicken, beef and fish.
|Monday||—–||—–||Pork Chops & Vegetables w Apple Sauce|
|Tuesday||White Bean Spread on a Whole Wheat English Muffins||Pork Chops & Vegetables w Apple Sauce||Chicken Korma w Vegetables & Basmati Rice|
|Wednesday||Chicken Korma w Vegetables & Basmati Rice||Beef & Vegetable Stew|
|Thursday||Beef & Vegetable Stew||Crispy Skin Salmon w Snow Peas & Broccoli|
Click here to view or print a copy of the plan with the shopping list.
For breakfast this week, I’m going with the white bean spread on a whole wheat English muffin. The recipe for the spread can be found here.
Dinner on Monday and Tuesday’s lunch is pork chops with apple sauce, steamed broccoli, peas and roasted parsnips. The recipe for the pork, apple sauce and steamed vegetables can be found here.
Tuesday’s dinner and Wednesday’s lunch is the new recipe for the week – a chicken korma. I’ll serve this with steamed vegetables and basmati rice. The draft recipe for the korma and vegetables can be found below.
Wednesday dinner and Thursday’s lunch will be the beef and vegetable stew. Click here for the recipe.
Thursday’s dinner is the crispy skin salmon with steamed snow peas and broccoli. The recipe for cooking the salmon can be found here.
125g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
100g reduced fat milk
1 large onion, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled
3cm piece ginger, peeled and halved
20g vegetable oil
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1 bay leaf
600g chicken breast, cut into 3cm pieces
Salt and pepper, to season
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
200g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-3 cm pieces
2 cups cauliflower florets
1. Put chickpeas and milk into the Thermomix bowl and blend with the measuring cup (MC) on for 20 seconds/Speed 8; remove to a small bowl and clean and rinse the Thermomix bowl
2. Put onion, garlic and ginger into the Thermomix bowl and chop with the MC on for 10 seconds/Speed 7
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add oil and ground spices into the Thermomix bowl and cook with the MC off for 6 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
4. Add bay leaf, chicken, salt and pepper and 150g of water to the Thermomix bowl, stir to combine and put the lid on
5. Put vegetables into the Varoma bowl, assemble on top of the Thermomix and cook for 18 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/Speed soft
6. Remove the Varoma, add chickpea and milk mixture into the Thermomix bowl and stir to combine; remove the bay leaf before serving