Eat | Food | Thermomix
Some recipes are so simple that a Thermomix isn’t required – though in this case, it did come in handy for measuring out the oats! These little cookies use only three ingredients plus water. With no flour, sugar or butter, you can feel great about having a snack and get a nice boost to help you through the slow parts of the day.
Makes ~ 24 cookies
250g rolled oats
pinch baking powder
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (see Notes)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Line 2 baking trays with wax or baking paper
3. Put the oats and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine
4. Add peanut butter to the bowl and mix by gradually adding in the water and stirring with a dinner knife until the mixture comes together like a rough dough
5. Wait until mixture is cool enough to handle and then roll into 3.5 to 4cm balls and place on the baking trays
6. Flatten the balls to about 1.5cm thick (see Notes)
7. Place baking trays into the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until slightly browned
8. Leave on baking trays to cool
1. I use organic peanut butter made with 100% peanuts
2. Don’t worry if the cookies crack on the edges when you flatten them. They will still hold together after you bake them
Tips and Hints
1. Make a batch and freeze them. To thaw, just leave in the fridge overnight or on the counter for about an hour.
Something I could make!