Eat | Food | Thermomix
This is the first risotto I’ve attempted in the Thermomix. Whenever I’ve made risotto on the stove, I always try to pack a lot of vegetables into it – and the challenge with the Thermomix is fitting it all in the bowl! To solve this problem, I put the vegetables in a plastic container with the risotto and cook the vegetables when I reheat the risotto in the microwave. If you want to eat the risotto right away, put the vegetables in the bottom of the ThermoServer and put the hot risotto over it. Stir together and put the lid on the ThermoServer to rest. The start of this recipe is based on the mushroom risotto in the Thermomix Everyday Cookbook.
1 large onion, peel and quartered
2 cloves garlic
30g light olive oil
350g Arborio rice
100g white wine (optional)
600g chicken breast, diced into 2cm pieces
3 tbsp Vegetable stock concentrate
up to 600g water (500g if using wine)
Pepper to season
3 cups broccoli florets, about 1-1.5cm pieces
6 handfuls baby spinach
1½ cup frozen peas, rinsed under boiling water to thaw
Grated parmesan cheese (to serve)
1. Add onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds/Speed 6
2. Add 20g of olive oil and sauté with measuring cup (MC) off for 3 minutes/100C/Speed 1
3. Insert butterfly, add rice and remaining olive oil and sauté with MC off for 5 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
4. If using, add wine and sauté with MC off for 2 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
5. Add chicken, stock, pepper and water – only add water up to the 2L marker in the bowl. Cook for 20 minutes/100C/Reverse/Speed soft
6. Add pepper to season, then pour into the ThermoServer and rest for 10 minutes
Packing for Lunch
1. When packing risotto into containers, stir in peas, spinach and broccoli into risotto. These will cook when you reheat the risotto
2. Pack parmesan cheese into a small container and sprinkle over risotto once reheated
Eating Right Away
1. Add peas, spinach and broccoli into the ThermoServer and mix with the risotto before resting
Skip the chicken for a vegetarian version
[updated: August 18, 2013]
Hi, my name is Liesl. This sounds delicious.i’d like to try it, but is this recipe for a TM 21?
Hey there, this is done in a TM31. I don’t know how a TM21 works but if it has the same settings as the TM31 and you have a Thermoserver, then I don’t see why it wouldn’t work….
Bit disappointing, I followed this recipe using wine and omitting chicken, came out very gluggy/pasty and didn’t look like the image 😦
Sorry to hear that it didn’t work out. I’ll try it again soon and update accordingly.
Hi there. Do you cook the chicken, stock etc. With the MC in or still out. Sorry, might be silly question, I’m a bit of a novice, only having owned my machine a couple of days. Thank you
No worries. Leave the MC off. When you put the butterfly in you will find that you can’t put the MC on because the top of the butterfly sticks out the top.
Just cooked this in a TM5. It’s was delicious. I left the MC out as per recipe and put it on when cooking the chicken. It needed more seasoning, otherwise great.
Glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback. I’ll add salt to the seasoning ingredients.