Eat | Food | Thermomix
Steaming chicken in the Thermomix is quick and easy and the chicken can be used in a variety of dishes. Hot or cold – steamed chicken is a healthy alternative to pan-frying and with the Thermomix, you can just set the timer and walk away!
Serves 4 – 6
800g chicken breast cut into 2.5 cm thick strips
Salt and pepper, to season
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, put chicken pieces onto the Varoma tray and assemble the Varoma (put extra chicken around the edges of the Varoma bowl if the chicken doesn’t all fit on the tray)
2. Put 500g of water into the Thermomix bowl, close the lid and put the Varoma on top
3. Steam the chicken for 15-20 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2 (or until chicken is cooked through)
1. Cool the chicken, slice and serve with salad leaves and honey mustard dressing
2. Serve the chicken hot with steamed vegetables and rice
1. Marinade the chicken in a large mixing bowl with 2 cloves of minced garlic and 2 tbsp of lemon juice for 15-20 minutes before putting it in the Varoma.